Date:      Wed, 8 Feb 2017 08:34:45 -0500
From:      George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>, Grzegorz Junka <list1@gjunka.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports and dependency hell

--QLbmmq1ARiTe4crmUg7OvvQLKS6aXE6FQ
From: George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com>
To: Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>, Grzegorz Junka <list1@gjunka.com>,
 freebsd-ports@freebsd.org

--GxCvPpVffwvdk3QUERmhpXSRV0eKLcNh8

On 02/08/17 03:03, Julian Elischer wrote:
> [...]
> I'm discouraged to not hear back from any of the ports 'committee'.
> [...]
Possibly because this has been the topic of a number of rancorous
mail threads in the last few months already, and everybody is
fatigued.  What there *hasn't* been is a consensus on what to do
about it.  And with all respect perhaps that's inevitable in a
vibrant and active open-source project run entirely by volunteers.
I wish I could omnisciently propound the right thing to do(tm)
so persuasively that everybody would immediately set to work on
it.  But I can't, even in my own overactive imagination.   -- George