Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:05:58 -0400
From:      Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To:        FreeBSD-SMP@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: panic: mpfps Base Table HOSED!

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 10:45:34PM -0400, Jess Fiorelli wrote:
> Hello.  Just wanted to send a quick note to the list letting people know
> that I finally got this problem with the intel l440gx motherboard and an
> SMP kernel solved...  I'm not sure exactly what did it, but what I did
> was disable the scsi bios on the onboard scsi card (AIC-7896) that's not
> being used, and also disabled "Enable Extended Int13" on both the RAID
> card and the onboard scsi.

I finally got another window to play with this box.  I disabled the
integrated Adaptec SCSI controller BIOS load and the SMP kernel booted
just fine.

FreeBSD is still able to see the integrated SCSI controller and use the
tape drive attached to it, as expected.

If anyone wants the dmesg or mptable output let me know.

lambert@lambertfam.org