Date:      Mon, 06 Nov 2000 11:43:14 +0100 (CET)
From:      Joel Bjork <u98jobj@stud.hh.se>
To:        Christian St <c_stueer@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Help with FREEBSD AND WINDOWS

Get a DOS bootdisk, run fdisk, delete the FreeBSD partitions and create a
DOS partition. Format it and you should be set to go.

Since your running a webserver I would install FreeBSD on a second
machine and learn on that. Starting with a new OS on a production server
can lead to some really scary results.

-------------Original message follows----------------------
Hi I'm a novice user in means of FreeBsd. I don't know how to install it
properly but since I'm kinda like impatient and like to try new things,
especially if everybody I know tells me that this system is more secure
and
since this is running our web-server I thought I should install it on my
machine.

That's what I did....

Even though my computer was divided ( since I have a 45 GB HD ) I thought
this shouldn't be that much of a prob.
But now I have kinda like lost Windows and everything I had installed
before.... but that didn't matter much since I have backuped my data.

Now I would like to recover from that mistake. I have tried to install
windows but it dies during installation, probably because I have
installed
FreeBSD on my boot sector ( and 8GB C: partition).

Maybe you can give me a hint how to install both using the FreeBSD boot
manager. Otherwise you might help me how to install both, actually three
systems since I'm going to install OpenBSD and maybe SuSe as good as
well,
but I would need to know how to handle multiple systems on one HD.

Thank you very much for your help.

GreSun

E-Mail: Joel Bjork <u98jobj@stud.hh.se>