Date:      Thu, 09 Jan 2003 02:23:26 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel panic on 4.7-STABLE to 5.0 RC2 upgrade.

Terry Lambert wrote:
> Because RC2 was not tagged, because We Fear CVS Tags(tm), you
> will need to use a date in order to create your own RC2.

Perhaps release build team are trying to avoid touching every file
in the CVS tree, as global touching costs people receiving on modems
& non flat rate extra telecom charges, (regardless of whether receiving
via CVSup or CTM etc).

RC2 seems important though; so Although there's no tag in src/Makefile,v
is there a CVS file containing a table of dates corresponding to
EG RC2, RC1 etc ?  (& if one doesnt exist, how about creating one ?).

Julian Stacey
jhs @ berklix.com   Computer Systems Engineer, Unix & Net Consultant, Munich.
  Spam phrases triggering deletion:	http://berklix.com/jhs/mail/