Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 2003 17:29:10 -0400
From:      Clay Jones <clay@clay-jones.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Continuing 4.8 install problems

I discovered I had 1) A bad media burn to CD, and 2) An unsupported
network card.  I burned disk 1 of the ISO again and purchased a new
network card from the hardware compatibility list (My realtek is
version 82xx not 81xx).

So after re-installing, the DLink I purchased was recognized as a
RealTek 81xx as expected.  I assigned an IP and did other network
configuration, and then rebooted.

Everything seemed fine, but when I shut the box down, moved it to my
server room, and booted it back up, the network interface is now not
discovered on boot, and does not exist.  I've rebooted several times to
no avail, the network interface may as well not exist.

Any ideas?