Date:      Sun, 18 Aug 1996 17:53:24 +0000
From:      "Bill Cummings" <billc@www.salsgiver.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install Problem

Hi,

I've put off asking for help with the installation procedure for
weeks, opting to search the list archives instead, and have found
almost all my answers. However, I can't seem to solve the problem
of installing Win95 and FreeBSD on the same hard drive. I know
the list archives contain a great deal of information on this
subject, but I simply cannot make it work. I have by the way
installed FreeBSD by itself, without Win95, and it worked
great.

The problem is the boot manager. When installing BootEasy
during the FTP install, it would'nt work at all. So I re-installed
FreeBSD, then installed BootEasy from DOS, and it will boot Win95,
but not FreeBSD. I suspect this is a disk geometry or partition size
problem?

The system is a 486DX4/100, with 8 meg of RAM. The hard drive
is a 1gig Seagate ST51080A ( 2100cyl., 16 heads, and 63 sectors ).
As I mentioned, the install medium was FTP. I have used both FIPS
and FDISK to create the space needed, both with the same results.

I apologize for asking such a novice question, as it has been covered
here plenty already, but I have finally reached the point where I had
to swallow my pride and ask for help.

Thanks,
Bill Cummings