Date:      Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:52:56 +0100
From:      Daniel Gerzo <danger@rulez.sk>
To:        "Dixit, Viraj" <Viraj.Dixit@CityofPaloAlto.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem Help!

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

------------11615C1F11FD85885

Hello Viraj,

Wednesday, March 23, 2005, 9:41:05 PM, you made these points:

> Hi,

> In my haste I edited my rc.conf file and knowing well that if I
> make a mistake I will get hung the system at that point. I need an
> expert help to get me out of this situation. I spent days building
> the system, I don't want to do the whole thing again. I must have
> forgot a quote in my rc.conf file and now when the system got
> rebooted it's asking for pathaname for the shell. I am not sure of
> the next step. Help!!
> Thanks

well, if you are prompted to the path name of the shell, you have to
type there full path-name e.g. /bin/sh. this is necessary to get to
the single user mode in next step. then, you will have to edit
/etc/rc.conf again and fix your typo. save & exit && reboot.

--=20
Best Regards,

|  DanGer <danger@rulez.sk>  |    \\\'',)      The
| DanGer@IRCnet ICQ261701668 |      \/  \ ^    Power
|   http://danger.rulez.sk   |      .\._/_)    To

[ Is baldness the sign of a man who came out on top? ]

------------11615C1F11FD85885--