Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 08:58:49 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
To:        dkelly@HiWAAY.net, jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What string to filter FreeBSD lists?

> dkelly@hiwaay.net wrote:
> >
> > > Could anyone share with me what strings they use to filter their
> > > FreeBSD lists.
> > > I have tried a few things, but every now an then messages go
> > > unfiltered..
> >
> > As the other posting noted, they tend to flip-flop on the sender addresses.
> > I filter with slocal and have decided to leave identical filters in place
> > for owner-chat and owner-freebsd-chat, and similar for all the other
>
> 	if these tools (slocal, procmail, etc..) can handle regular
> 	expressions, you can cover all cases by sorting on
> 	owner-*<listname>.

That's the One Big Failing of slocal, no regex. For now my CPU doesn't
have much better to do than to read my entire .maildelivery for each
and every incoming message. Slocal works. I sorta understand what I
did to make it work. And one day will look into procmail and see if
*this* time I can understand it.

Not sure if nmh has been enhancing slocal. Maybe its time to look at
that too.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net (hm)