Date:      Thu, 2 Jul 2009 11:31:51 -0400
From:      Larry Baird <lab@gta.com>
To:        Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Paul Thornton <prt@prt.org>
Subject:   Re: Polling and kern.polling.idle_poll

> Curious as to why you don't simply lay out the $40 for a modern ethernet card that doesn't need polling to work well?
These are low end embedded boxs.  No way to upgrade.  But in actuallity
they have modern (fxp) NICS.  From our testing, live lock is a real issue
for gateways receiving lots of network traffic.  Polling prevents live
lock.

Larry

Larry Baird                        | http://www.gta.com
Global Technology Associates, Inc. | Orlando, FL
Email: lab@gta.com                 | TEL 407-380-0220, FAX 407-380-6080