Date:      Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:56:42 -0400
From:      "Robert Withrow" <bwithrow@nortelnetworks.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Segfaults and bus errors in 4.6.2?

Hi:

In the referenced message I reported a problem with segfaults and bus errors
when building openoffice on a FreeBSD 4.6.2-RELEASE system.  I'm still having this problem when I built anything large.

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=648314+655734+/usr/local/www/db/text/2002/freebsd-questions/20020915.freebsd-questions

Since that time I have run memtest 3.0 for as long as 72 hours straight without
any errors being detected.

I'm just checking to be sure there isn't some known or suspected FreeBSD
problem before I try to get the IS people to do some memory swaps and the like,
which isn't going to be easy because they are basically hostile towards
anything not "supported".

Thanks!

--
Robert Withrow, BWithrow@NortelNetworks.com, +1 978 288 8256, ESN 248