Date:      Fri, 2 Dec 2005 11:28:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Louis J. LeBlanc" <FreeBSD@keyslapper.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   web based password control?

Hey folks.

This is probably going to meet with a good number of warnings against thi=
course of action, but I'm looking for a web based password utility.

I have a couple users that do not have access to set their passwords from
outside my network (remote logins aren't permitted for most accounts).

Of course, I'm going to seriously limit the accessibility of the
application, and make it altogether unavailable until it's actually neede=
and then only with a one time password on a secure connection.

Still, I'd like them to be able to set their passwords for sasl and shell
accounts (sasl is used for IMAPS, which is allowed externally, shell
passwords are used for IMAP, allowed only within the network by the
webmail app, which is only accessible on a secure connection anyway).

I could probably whip up a mod_perl page easily enough, but before I
bother, is there a port that will do this?  Preferably with proper
password confirmations prior to changing them.

I've seen a couple (www/chpasswd was the closest) that suggested similar
behavior, but I'm not sure any covered exactly my needs.

TIA
Lou
--=20
Louis LeBlanc                 FreeBSD@keyslapper.net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :=FE
http://www.keyslapper.net                       =D4=BF=D4=AC