Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 21:02:34 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Ronald van der Pol <rvdp@surfnet.nl>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vat(1) does not work, audio does

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> misconfigured card -- you are using your MSS card as a miserable SBPro
> clone...
>
> try set
>
> 	device pcm0 at isa? port 0x52c tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x1N
>
> (where N is the second DMA channel)

Thanks for your answer!

I now have:
device          pcm0 at isa? port 0x52c tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x13

which gives:
/kernel: pcm0 at 0x52c irq 5 drq 1 flags 0xa6 13 on isa
/kernel: mss_attach <mss>0 at 0x52c irq 5 dma 1:3 flags 0xa613

I have tried a couple of second DMA settings, but with no luck. How
do I determine which second DMA channel to use? W98 (sorry :-)
indicates:
00 ECP Printer Port
01 Crystal PnP Audio System CODEC
           ^^^ (strange, FreeBSD pnpinfo did not produce output)
02 Standard Floppy Disk Controller
03 SMC IrCC
04 Direct memory access controller

The errors I get with the settings above are:
failed to output level 74
failed to output level 74
failed to output level 75
failed to output level 76