Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2004 05:23:18 +0300
From:      "Andrew P." <infofarmer@mail.ru>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bg flag for local file-systems

Hello,

I'm sorry if this sounds dumb, but I'm looking for a kind of bg flag
(from mount_nfs) for my local file-systems. The problem is that I
frequently pull hard drives out of my headless file-server, but forget
to edit fstab _before_ it. So the system won't boot until I connect a
monitor, a keyboard and sort the mess out from the single-user mode.

I currently use noauto flag in fstab for the file-systems, but that
makes me mount them manually every time I reboot. Is there any magic I
can do with fstab to solve my problem, or will I have to write a script?

Best wishes,
Andrew P.