Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:12:02 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
From:      "Danny" <onegative@valornet.com>
To:        <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD Installation on AlphaStation 200 4/233

--------------Boundary-00=_2KVGQL80000000000000

I am still floundering with regard to installing FreeBSD on my AlphaStati=
on
200 4/233 box.  I am at a complete loss of what to try next.  I have
attempted installations from both floppy and CDROM.  Have have attempted
multiple set command on different variables on the alpha bios but nothing
works.=0D
 =0D
The system boots the CDROM, gets past the switching to the OSF PAL succee=
ded
=0D
FreeBSD/alpha SRM CD9660 boot, Revision 1.2=0D
/boot/kernel/kernel data=3D0x4cd740+0x63ca0 syms=3D[0x0+0x65550+0x8+0x4d8=
a3]=0D
-=0D
Hit [Enter] to boot immediately, or any other key for command prompt=0D
Booting [/boot/kernel/kernel]...=0D
Entering kernel @ 0xfffffc000033f0e0=0D
 =0D
screen flickers and shifts one character left and wraps the left characte=
rs
onto the right side of the screen, then =0D
 =0D
halted CPU 0=0D
 =0D
halt code =3D 5=0D
Halt instruction executed=0D
PC=3Dfffffc0000650e20=0D
 =0D
CPU 0 booting=0D
 =0D
Then the system goes through this same displeasing cycle again and again =
and
again.  It's driving me nuts.....Does anyone have any kind of a suggestio=
to help me determine the problem?  =0D
 =0D
Danny=0D
 =0D