Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:37:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Mike Kanaly <mike@worklife.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help on upgrade from 4.4 stable to 4.5 stable

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Mike Kanaly wrote:

> Ok, as I stated in my previous mail, I was attempting to do a pkg add of
> the cvsupit.tgz from the ftp sites, and I could NEVER connect.  I
> couldn't connect to any of them!  I want to upgrade 4.4 stable to 4.5
> stable, but keep getting a file unavail, unable to fetch error.
>
> What's another way for me to upgrade from 4.4 stable to 4.5 stable? I've
> looked on the web for a really easy, basic walk through where it holds
> my hand kinda thing, and have found nothing.  Some articles cover this,
> but they don't go into the depth that I (a newbie) need.
>
> Thanks!
> -Mike

cvsupit is just one way to get cvsup.

Do you have cvsup on your system? Is it a post-Sept 9, 2001 file?

If not try pkg_add -r cvsup

Then cd to /usr/share/examples/cvsup and read the stable-supfile and
do what it says--get sources for RELENG_4, cd /usr/src, read UPDATING,
do
make buildworld
and all subsequent commands.

	Annelise

--
Annelise Anderson
Author of: 		 FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your PC