Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 2000 15:41:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Richard Stanaford <rsstan@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree-4 installation on -STABLE

I just wanna throw some caution out there.  Make sure there is support for your
card before abandoning 3.3.6.  I decided to RTFM before grabbing the 4.0
binaries only to find out that most of the legacy stuff..   S3 and so on hasn't
been ported yet.  It's a day to day thing, so the update said, but driver
support is still pretty spartan and in favor of the newer 3D cards.

-Richard