Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 1996 14:07:33 +0000 ()
From:      "Sys. Admin" <rholland@freon.republic.k12.mo.us>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   disk

     I still have a hard disk problem on our server.  In the FAQ it tells
me to use /stand/sysinstall to start the install program, then from there
fdisk the drive, which works, then use the label editor to mount the
slices where I want them, after doing this I hit 'w' to write changes,
and it tells me a few warnings, such as i dont have a / partition, which
I shouldn't because this is a second hard disk, also it complains about
no /usr partition, etc etc blah blah.  Now the next step in the FAQ is to
exit and then run newfs /dev/wd1s1, etc to create the filesystem.  It
then tells me that partition '1' is not available and then it tells me
that /dev/wd1sx (where x is 1-4) is not a character-special device.
What am I doing wrong or better yet, how can I get this second drive up
with 2 swaps and 2 filesystem partitions up?

   hangar@irc | hangar@b1tchez.org | rholland@freon.republic.k12.mo.us
   Systems Administrator: freon.republic.k12.mo.us Republic High School
                               Republic, MO