Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 2013 09:48:49 -0400
From:      George Rosamond <george@ceetonetechnology.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: raspberry pi rev B : no luck booting..

john smith:

> Hello all
>
> I've just bought a small r-pi rev B (512Mb), and still can't figure why
> it won't boot any FreeBSD images found on the net.
>
> Tested with raspbian (debian) and even riscos: works just fine (my SD
> doesn't seem to be involved);
> But any freebsd based image (my latest, most promising was
> http://files.khubla.com/freebsd-raspberry-pi/FreeBSD-HEAD-r255363-ARMv6-RPI-B-SOUND-4GB.img.tgz
> ) but still no luck..
> Other tried images were the latest from:
> http://www.db.net/downloads/
> http://www.peach.ne.jp/archives/rpi/
>
> Each time, the "act" led blinks nearly one second and stop there....
>
> Is there a specific firmware I should have flashed before trying to boot
> freebsd or something else everybody knows, except me ;-) ?

Hey John.

It should boot fine.

I would do a couple of things:

First, try watching it boot with video out connected and see what
happens and where it's borking.

Second, look at the device slices and make sure /boot/msdos is there
with the standard txt files that RPi needs.

I haven't used Tom K's images in a while, but I would assume they are fine.