Date:      Tue, 9 May 2000 12:12:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
Cc:        Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>, kris@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rc.d startup scripts

> > Just curious, but wouldn't this be FreeSVR4??? :-)
>
> 	I'm going to assume that the smiley means you're joking, but I hope
> that we can stick to discussing this plan on its merits, rather than
> rejecting it out of hand because it's like something that someone else
> is doing.

Yeah, I was just joking, I kinda like some things about SVR4, but I still
think it would be nice to keep the option of using some of the regular rc
scripts that we have now. Imagine the confusion of the people that have
ONLY used FreeBSD when they go in and see rc.d and all it's
scripts. Personally I kinda like the rc.d stuff better myself, but I'm
just thinking about the average user.

Ken