Date:      Mon, 4 Feb 2002 21:08:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        peter@freebsd.org
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Peter.. KSE/M3 cosmetic diffs

Peter,
I have posted to http://www.freebsd.org/~julian/
the set of 'semi-cosmetic' diffs we discussed.
with these compiled in the system seems to act teh same as -current.

The effect of the diffs is to remove all teh places in the code
which assume that the thread structure is embedded in the process
structure. (as we discussed).

If you have a chance to go through them I'd like to commit these so that
the actual KSE/M3 diffs get all these cosmetic changes removed from them
and hopefully we can see better what is actually going on.

(Others are welcome to comment also) (arch CC'd)

BTW the horrid Macro name "FIRST_THREAD_IN_PROC(p)" is deliberatly horrid.
Use of this macro indicates a place that will need some rewriting
before multi threading can be fully utilised. In some cases
(e.g. linux emulation) this may be permanent as linux
only has 1 thread per process) in which case it may eventually be changed
in these places to P_THRD(p) or something nicer on the eyes, but
until then they are designed to "stand out and hurt".

:-)

Julian