Date:      09 Jun 2003 01:32:22 -0400
From:      Adam <blueeskimo@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ADSL: Using mpd(8) for PPPoE

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 01:27, Rob wrote:
> But there seems to be a question about whether ppp(8) is the best
> approach. The benchmarks for 'usermode PPPoE' at [4] are very
> disappointing, and they mention mpd as a better option. And when reading
> about FreeBSD+ADSL in Austria[5], I came across this comment:
>
>   Another way to setup such a connection is using the netgraph-system
>   and the mpd package, which is a little more "BSD style" and is (in
>   my experience) more stable than pptp-client.

I'm actually very glad you brought this up. I also am very unimpressed
with ppp, and have been considering mpd for quite a while. I have not
had time to delve into it yet, but I would certainly appreciate whatever
information you'd like to donate in terms of experiences, problems,
solutions, reading material, etc.

Also, you might subscribe to the freebsd-net mailing list. That one
might be more suited to discussing this topic in detail.

Good luck!
--
Adam <blueeskimo@gmx.net>