Date:      Sat, 2 Sep 2000 13:20:42 -0600 (MDT)
From:      John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        rob <europax@home.com>, Johannes Zwart <johannes@jak.nl>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why not XEmacs, after all?

But lynx is deprecated--I had to compile it from source on my 4.0
machine (but I also got the added benefit of getting the bleeding edge
features this way...)

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Mike Meyer wrote:

> rob writes:
> > Actually, I would like to have some sort of text based browser that runs
> > in the console, but only if I can somehow configure it to start other
> > apps based on mime type.  I would like to see how this works out for
> > streaming mp3.
>
> Lynx will do that. In fact, it uses the same configuration file as
> some of the GUI browsers (your mailcap file). I don't think w3m uses
> mailcap files, but it might.
>
> 	<mike

When you are having a bad day, and it seems like everybody is trying to
tick you off, remember that it takes 42 muscles to produce a frown, but
only 4 muscles to  work the trigger of a good sniper rifle.

Who is John galt?  Galt@inconnu.isu.edu, that's who!