Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 05:00:56 -0500
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        wes@softweyr.com
Cc:        Paolo Di Francesco <paipai@tin.it>, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: For who is interested

> I don't know if y'all caught the notice, but Sun just dropped the
> price of the entry-level Ultra 5 to $2,495 and added 24-bit graphics
> to sweeten the deal.

Its more than that that has changed. I believe that there are also options to
have CPUs with larger L2 caches, and the hard drive has been upgraded from the
crappy slow one in the older U5's to at least a 5400 RPM drive, if not a
7200RPM drive. I forget all the details, I'm not really in the market much for
U5's at work :)

Gary