Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2000 22:22:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sean Peck <speck@newsindex.com>
To:        "Crist J. Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
Cc:        David Raistrick <keen@damoe.wireless-isp.net>, Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Configuring Gateway/NAT on Freebsd

Ok fixing the interface to the IP, seems to have helped... the machine is
now listening at least to itself on 172.16.0.1  However when I boot
another machine, say machine 172.16.0.10 and tell it tuse 172.16.0.1 as
its default route with a netmask of 255.255.255.0

I get the following on the box that is in public IP space and listening on
172.16.0.1

/kernel arplookup failed: host 172.16.0.10 not in local network

and I cannot telnet to 172.16.0.1 from my other boxes either, though I can
telnet to the box itself at that address...

So, its going somewhere.

If I were to put in a second NIC, this would be xl1 would it not?  What
would I need to set on the card to make this work?