Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 2001 00:12:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      Raymond Hicks <rayhicks@UU.NET>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   CURRENT breaks some apps

I have had a problem with running infobot after my recent cvsup to
current.  I have heard that there is a problem with the newer perl
version.. is this a result of that?  Here is error:
deepwoods# Missing braces on \N{} at ./src/Irc.pl line 131, near ">>> $b"
Missing braces on \N{} at ./src/Irc.pl line 133, near ">>> $b"
Missing braces on \N{} at ./src/Irc.pl line 152, within string
Compilation failed in require at ./infobot line 39.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./infobot line 42.

and here is perl -v

deepwoods# perl -v

This is perl, v5.6.0 built for i386-freebsd

I am not sure if it is true regarding perl so I though it prudent to
ask... perhaps I should have stayed STABLE on this box but dont think that
it is possible to go backwords with the simplicity of going fowards...

regards

raymond hicks