Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 15:24:51 +0900
From:      Yukihiro Nakai <nakai@apricot.astec.co.jp>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: compiling xdelta-0.18 port

roberto> According to Josh MacDonald:
roberto> > I've gotten two of these reports already, today.  It can't find
roberto> > the _access and ___error symbols.  I am going to assume its a
roberto> > problem in current.
roberto>
roberto> ___error is a known error. One needs to compile/install libc... _access is
roberto> new to me.

I write about my work here for your infomation, but please don't mind when
you find this useless...

On 3.0-980504-SNAP,

'___error symbols' error occurs, but I added -lc_r and compiled completely.
Also I compiled gimp completely (it depends on xdelta) and used normally.

On 3.0-980515-SNAP,

'___error symbols' and '_access symbols' errors occur, and I tried -lc_r
but '_access symbols' error is left to occur.

I think there is something wrong in what changed in -lc but not changed in
-lc_r, between 3.0-980504-SNAP and 3.0-980515-SNAP.