Date:      Sat, 5 May 2001 11:48:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      User Ipt Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        adam@phy.ucsf.edu (Adam Bernstein)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: loss of video after "shutdown -p"

Operating System: FreeBSD

	I had apm working on my single celeron box running 3.2 RELEASE.  After
adding a second CPU(dual proc ABIT board) the system goes into standby(apm
-Z) and never comes back up.  I have to hit reset and reboot without properly
halting and the file system does not appreciate this.  There is an option for
apm, I think apm -d with a 1 or 0, that controls how the display handles apm.
Check man apm and apmconf for more options.

Ian

As told by, Adam Bernstein

Have blue screens given you the blues, go to www.freebsd.org for the cure.