Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 15:52:59 +0100
From:      Guilhem Ensuque <guilhem.ensuque@bt-sys.bt.co.uk>
To:        "'freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   [BSD-Mobile] supported PCCARDS

Hi all

I read in the 'supported cards' documents from the PAO site that the
LinkSys EtherFast card is supported.

However, this card is not dictributed in the UK by DatronTech (Linksys's
UK distributor).

Therefore I have a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone who lives in the UK know where I could get hold of a
bunch of LinkSys 10/100 PC Cards ?

2) There are a couple of Fast ethernet PC Cards that are readily
available from retailers, however I do not know whether these would work
fine under FreeBSD (They are not mentioned in the PAO list). Do you
think they could work OK ? :
	3Com Fast Etherlink 16-bit PC Card 3C574-TX (however, does it work with
a 32 bit PC Card bus?)
	3Com fast Etherlink 32-bit XC Card 3C575-TX (what does the XC mean ?)
	Xircom CE3 10/100BaseTX
	Xircom CBE CardBus 10/100 Base TX

3) Another stupid question, relating to the two latter cards: one is
Card Bus, the other PCMCIA: wot's the difference ?

Thanks in advance for any bit of help

Guilhem Ensuque

Mobility Research Unit		guilhem.ensuque@bt-sys.bt.co.uk
B55-131B
BT Laboratories
Martlesham Heath		tel : +44 1473 645 232
IPSWICH IP5 3RE (UK)		fax : +44 1473 646 885