Date:      Mon, 05 Feb 2001 08:42:37 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@mail.iowna.com>
To:        Drew Derbyshire <software@kew.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A vintage for 4.2 stable?

> Drew Derbyshire wrote:
>
> I knew there's a reason I keep my local CVS repository updated ... :-)
>
> Against my normal policy (I prefer to run only Release versions), I
> feel the best way to get around the issues with 4.2 release (in
> particular the threading and the BIND issues) is to do a source
> upgrade from 4.2-RELEASE to 4.2 Stable.
>
> Since the Stable tree does have its good and bad days, does anyone
> have good historical time for me to take my snap shot of it for use on
> multiple systems?

Jan 18 is the last stable system I installed, and there have been no
problems with it. However, it now needs updated to get the latest BIND
updates (actually, I my just install BIND from the ports since the
system itself is stable)
I haven't had an opportunity to try anything more recent, so I can't say
anything good or bad about more recent snapshots of the -STABLE branch.

-Bill