Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 09:47:24 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
Cc:        Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pcm driver

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 09:18:38AM +0200, Roman Shterenzon wrote:
> Quoting Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>:
>
> > According to Daniel O'Connor:

> > on isa0

> > > The last line means its busted :)
> > >
> > > Are you sure you have 'device pcm' in your kernel config _as well_ as
> > sbc0?
> > >

> > device pcm
> > device          sbc0    at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15
> >

> > 	Should this be pcm0, perhaps?
> I've exactly the same hardware and had this problem because of irq conflict.
> The sb is ISA and BIOS assigned IRQ to USB for some unclear reason.
> I then set IRQ5 to be assigned to Legacy ISA in BIOS and it worked again.
> The BIOS behavior was quite weird since it worked before.
> Check if any other devices use irq5.
> Hope that it helps.

	It may well help.  This m'board is 2+ years old and we probably have
	dissimilar BIOS setups; I'll see if there is a way to associate
	irq5 with ISA.   ...There is something  bizarre going on because
	in switching my ``muuz'' display panels around there is a
	several second delay.   This is brand new.   With 3.X, no problems;
	with 4.1, there are these weird issues.

	--For the time being, I've gone back to the older obsolete
	snd stuff.  Haven't tried it again, tho.  Tonight...

	thanks for your input.

	gary

--
   Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service Unix