Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2018 01:47:56 +0530
From:      Lakhan Shiva <lakhanshiva@gmail.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        chuck@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cy PCI driver - possible device id's

At present we have devmatch infrastructure, which looks at all unattached
devices on the system and compares their plug and play data to that which
has been recorded by kldxref in linker hints and suggests modules to load.

Now, this work is to support this project achieve this in the case of PCI
drivers.

Ref: https://wiki.freebsd.org/AutoLoad

Thanks,
Lakhan

On Jun 5, 2018 11:49 PM, "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

--------
In message <CAHC0YgfPmPmOQVmHD_uY8d7qHbHLrc439+j34rvLaqo2PMv2VQ@mail.gmail.
com>, Lakhan Shiva writes:

>I am working on converting PCI drivers attachments to be table driven.

Can we please invent some kind of "typographic" convention which
allows these tables to be extracted from the kernel source code,
so that we can have an utility which suggests which drivers to
load, by consulting such an extracted table ?