Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 1998 12:12:42 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        jbryant@unix.tfs.net
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/Alpha Web page

> power of the 21164, much less the 21264 in either integer or FP, in
> fact FP still remains an etheral concept to intel.

Well, you should give them at least *some* credit for the i860.  It's
not as if no one at all inside the company had an eye on FP. :)

> DEC will remain independant, as will Tandem, simply a term of the
> mergers.  All three

Hmmm.  It would still be nice to see a statement to this effect from
Compaq or, better yet, a committment to selling ALPHA based machines.

> AXP has a bright future!

Well I hope so!  I'd hate to think that my own ALPHA box is quickly
destined for the same scrap-heap that swallowed my Amiga 2500, my
Archimedes A540 and my pc532. :)

					Jordan