Date:      Fri, 6 Dec 1996 18:31:30 -0500
From:      gwh@spiders.com (Gene W Homicki)
To:        Denis DeLaRoca (310) 825-4580        <CSP1DWD@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>, dwhite@RESNET.UOREGON.EDU
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GUS PRO: functional!

 +---
 | driver is in better shape. Recently, someone reported on the list
 | good results with the guspnp6 driver in terms of audio quality but
 | he also reported the sound loop problems so I don't know how much
 | better things are...
 +---

	That would be me.  guspnp6 helped a _lot_, but I still get the
looping after anywhere from 10min to 3 hours of continual use.
Sound quality in vat is much much better though, and the looping has
only happened a few times.

I'm also running 961006-SNAP, but should be upgrading to 3.0-current
or 2.2-ALPHA soon.

I'd say its stable enough for general uise, but I wouldn't want to
use it for a demo.  Amancio mentioned something about trying to change
something else in the driver I believe.

						--Gene

--
Gene W. Homicki                               gwh@spiders.com