Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 02:27:29 -0400
From:      David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   using the smtp server remotely - how?

My smtp server works fine internally, but this is what I get
externally;

david>$ telnet skytrackercanada.com 25
Trying 209.188.66.29...
telnet: connect to address 209.188.66.29: Operation timed out
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
david>$

I even set the FEATURE(promiscuous_relay) (just for testing)
and HUP'ed sendmail and it still does not work.

Can some one give me direction? I want to simply use my machine
for smtp relaying.

my .mc file;

OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
define(`SMART_HOST', `mail.clubplus.net')dnl
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(skytrackercanada.com)
FEATURE(limited_masquerade)
MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`LOCAL', `+S')dnl
FEATURE(`genericstable', `hash /etc/mail/genericstable')dnl
FEATURE(`use_cw_file')dnl
FEATURE(relay_hosts_only)dnl
FEATURE(local_procmail)dnl
FEATURE(virtusertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl