Date:      Fri, 5 Oct 2001 15:03:35 EDT
From:      piratesue@aol.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adobe Acrobat Questions

--part1_40.124f86ab.28ef5e07_boundary

Hi,
My name is Sue Gore and I have some questions about Adobe Acrobat.  Please
bear with me, Im not entirely computer saavy (probably less than a novice).
I have been unable to open emails from people that require "Acroread".  It
gives me the messege it can not find the execute file.  I have Adobe Acrobat
on my list of programs but the browser can not find it.  I found it with
"quickfinder" but it indicates the file is empty.  I then opened it through
My Computer and Windows and it says it is 278 bytes.  So I printed it out and
the first messege was the following:

OEM1=Complete online documentation for Acrobat Reader
OEM2=is located in the Help directory for Acrobat Reader

My questions are- 1) The program for Adobe Acrobat Reader 2.1 on my computer
has a picture of a wheelchair next to it.  Does this mean it was disabled
somehow? and if so would you know how I could enable it again?
       2) It  says in your discription of Adobe Acrobat Reader that you need
2.2. My question about this is 2.2 what? Windows? Adobe Acrobat Reader? or
something else?
       3) Should I just download it or will I need to do some "hacking" to
get it to run if I download it from your site?  Would it be different
downloading from any other site or wouldn't that make any difference?

Any light you can shed on my "Computer Darkness" would be a great help.
Thanks
Sue

--part1_40.124f86ab.28ef5e07_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Hi,
<BR>My name is Sue Gore and I have some questions about Adobe Acrobat. &nbsp;Please bear with me, Im not entirely computer saavy (probably less than a novice).
<BR>I have been unable to open emails from people that require "Acroread". &nbsp;It gives me the messege it can not find the execute file. &nbsp;I have Adobe Acrobat on my list of programs but the browser can not find it. &nbsp;I found it with "quickfinder" but it indicates the file is empty. &nbsp;I then opened it through My Computer and Windows and it says it is 278 bytes. &nbsp;So I printed it out and the first messege was the following:
<BR>
<BR>OEM1=Complete online documentation for Acrobat Reader
<BR>OEM2=is located in the Help directory for Acrobat Reader
<BR>
<BR>My questions are- 1) The program for Adobe Acrobat Reader 2.1 on my computer has a picture of a wheelchair next to it. &nbsp;Does this mean it was disabled somehow? and if so would you know how I could enable it again?
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2) It &nbsp;says in your discription of Adobe Acrobat Reader that you need 2.2. My question about this is 2.2 what? Windows? Adobe Acrobat Reader? or something else?
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3) Should I just download it or will I need to do some "hacking" to get it to run if I download it from your site? &nbsp;Would it be different downloading from any other site or wouldn't that make any difference?
<BR>
<BR>Any light you can shed on my "Computer Darkness" would be a great help. &nbsp;
<BR>Thanks
<BR>Sue</FONT></HTML>

--part1_40.124f86ab.28ef5e07_boundary--