Date:      Sun, 22 Sep 2002 02:18:32 -0500
From:      taproot420 <taproot420@myrealbox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Questions about installing and video support in current release 4.6.2

Hello freebsd-questions,

  I am getting ready to try freebsd and have some general questions
  before i start.

  1. I, have used linux and openbsd for awile but i am sure there are
  some differences so the first one is about dual boot. The machine i
  am setting up will have 1/2 the drive for XP and 1/2 for freebsd and
  i am wondering which OS i should load first and then which boot
  manager to use and how to accomplish this.

  2. My machine (amd athlon 1800+ ,256 ddr ram) also has the Geforce 4
  video card with dvi output as i use a lcd monior. Is this card
  supported by the XFree86 sever present in the current release, is it
  possible to use it at all in case the latter answer is no...and if
  somehow i can get this card working can i use the DVI output for my
  lcd and if so what config do i need to add to the xfree86.config to
  use this DVI port?

  3. What is a good, clean, stable and attractive such as themable
  etc... desktop and window manager combo. I was thinking gnome but
  wanted some opinions on this.

  Thanks for all input.

--
Best regards,