Date:      Sat, 14 Sep 2002 19:16:30 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pick database in FreeBSD

This may be totally off-topic, or it may not, so I'll risk asking.

Does anyone have any experience with the Pick database system from
Raining Data?  The software is technically discontinued so I'm having
a lot of trouble finding information on it and I've suddenly picked
up a client that has a Pick system with a LOT of data in it.

Everything I've been able to find claims that Pick runs on a Unix
server.  Has anyone ever run Pick on FreeBSD?  It appears that these
folks are currently running Pick under NT, but I can't find any docs
anywhere that claim that this is possible.

What I'd really like to do is come up with a migration plan to get
these folks away from Pick (since it's no longer supported or
developed) and onto something based on PostgreSQL and FreeBSD.
If anyone has any experience with this, I would greatly appreciate
any advice.

TIA,

--
Bill Moran