Date:      Tue, 28 Dec 2010 14:40:44 -0800
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New ZFSv28 patchset for 8-STABLE: ARRRGG HELP !!

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard@gmail.com> wr=
ote:
> On 28 December 2010 08:56, Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is that a typo, or the actual command you used? =C2=A0You have an extra =
"s"
>> in there. =C2=A0Should be "log" and not "logs". =C2=A0However, I don't t=
hink
>> that command is correct either.
>>
>> I believe you want to use the "detach" command, not "remove".
>>
>> # zpool detach pool label/zil
>
> well, I tried the detach command:
>
> server4# zpool detach pool ada1s1
> cannot detach ada1s1: only applicable to mirror and replacing vdevs
>
> server4# zpool remove pool ada1s1
> server4#
>
> so you need to use remove, and adding log (or cache) makes no
> difference whatsoever..

Interesting, thanks for the confirmation.  I don't have any ZFS
systems using log devices, so can only go by what's in the docs.

May want to make a note that the man page (at least for ZFSv15 in
FreeBSD 8.1) includes several sections that use "zpool detach" when
talking about log devices.

If that's still in the man page for ZFSv28, it'll need to be cleaned up.

--=20
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com