Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 2009 18:27:59 +0100
From:      Sven Hazejager <sven@hazejager.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 7.2-p4 serial console not showing kernel messages?

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 17:52, Lowell Gilbert
<freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
> Checking the obvious: syslog.conf is configured to send the messages to
> the console?

Haven't touched syslog.conf but this all happens before syslog is even
starting. The problem is that the console is VGA, even though I have
"console=comconsole" AND boot.config containing "-h" AND sio.0.flags
0x30.

Has anyone actually gotten a serial console to work with FreeBSD
7.2-release? I'm having the same problems with 7-STABLE.

Sven