Date:      Tue,  1 Aug 2000 07:52:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
To:        chris@fedde.littleton.co.us
Cc:        holtor@yahoo.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail 8.11.0

As a sendmail user, you might find it bizarre.  As a postfix user, I
don't.  Not everyone uses/likes sendmail.

- Mike H.

   Cc: stable@FreeBSD.ORG
   From: Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
   Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 08:38:56 -0600
   Sender: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG

   On Tue, 1 Aug 2000 07:10:32 -0700 (PDT)  Holtor wrote:
    +------------------
    | Hi all - I have been waiting for the base sendmail in
    | freebsd, now 8.9.3 to be updated to the latest one
    | which is 8.11.0. Anyone have any appox. dates for
    | this?
    | If its still a distant project, how would we recommend
    | upgrading sendmail? That is downloading the source and
    | compiling, but FreeBSD has mailwrapper and all those
    | utilities which I think I would break? Any help would
    | be appreciated.
    |
    | Holt

   I just download sendmail, compile it, install it, and start it up.
   The existing /etc/rc.conf mechinism continues to work well.  I find
   the whole mailwrapper thing bizarre in the extreem.  It is similar
   to the whole /usr/local/etc/rc.d scheme where we are adding a
   layer of indirection when there is no need for one.

   chris

   --
       Chris Fedde
       303 773 9134