Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 1998 12:07:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jim Van Baalen <vansax@mail.websidestory.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   vm_fault

One of my webservers has hung several times in the past week. I have never
had this problem with this machine before. The last thing logged to the
console is

Panic: vm_fault: fault on nofault entry, addr: f774f000

This systm is running 2.2.5-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE #0: Tue Mar
31 15:09:33 PST 1998

The configuration is

Pentium Pro (233.86-MHz 686-class CPU)
COM 3C905 Fast Etherlink XL PCI
256M RAM
SEAGATE ST34572W 4GIG SCSI drive

The system has not been hardware or software upgraded for several months.

The error looks like it might be bad memory. Perusing the freebsd webpage
I find similar errors message that are bug related. I am hoping I can
narrow the problem down to hardware of software before swapping out
pieces.

Thanks,
Jim