Date:      Sun, 12 Aug 2001 15:33:35 -0400
From:      parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To:        "E. J. Cerejo" <ejcerejo@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help with blackbox

problem is not w/ blackbox, but w/ cliens that don't start, as
stated; please title messages accordingly.

this was, on the fateful occasion around Aug 12 15:16 -0400,
sent by E. J. Cerejo

> I've got some apps that I'd like to start
> automatically whenever I startx, I tried to put them
> in ~/.xinitrc but they won't start that way.  Is there
> a way to make them start with startx.  My window
> manager is blackbox.

it would been helpful if we could see a sample of offending clients
as written in your .xinitrc... and, any error messages that would
appear either on console or in X error log, say /var/log/Xree86.0.log.

until then, see startx(1) and xinit(1).

--
 so, do you like word games or scrabble?
	 - parv