Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:40:17 -0500
From:      Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mount pending error?

Last night, this appeared in my logs (and on my console):

Nov 23 03:05:36 zappa kernel: /data: mount pending error: blocks -1696 files 0

What is a "mount pending error?"  I have heard this in conjunction with
unclean shutdowns and fsck, but my system was not shut down recently,
nor has /data (on a geom_stripe) been unmounted (cleanly or otherwise).

The only thing I have done that could be related is to make a snapshot
(later removed), but it was not of the filesystem being complained
about.  (Also, I create and mount snapshots of all my filesystems as
part of my nightly TSM backup.)

I guess I should shutdown and fsck just to make certain everything is
okay.  I am puzzled why this happened, though.  (I've been running the
backups for a while, and have not had any complaints.)

BTW, I'm running RELENG_5, last rebuilt Nov. 19th 2004.

Cheers,

Paul.
--
e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu