Date:      Mon, 28 Dec 1998 14:02:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: automatic make depend?

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Steve Kargl wrote:

> I'm in the process of making a port of f2c and its run-time
> library.  I have it working to the point that I need to port
> to run "make depend" prior to actually building the port.
> Looking through /usr/share/mk/*port*, I see no knob for doing
> thing.
>
> Suggestions?

Use pre-build, it's a target that's already defined for you, and gets
called just prior to the actual build target.  There's a pre- and a
post- target for each of the major targets in bsd.port.mk (fetch,
configure, etc) which makes doing things like what you want simple.

Alternatively, the ALL_TARGET variable defines what target gets called
on the port makefile.  I think it defaults to all, but you can change it
to "depend all" easily enough.

> --
> Steve
>
> finger kargl@troutmask.apl.washington.edu
> http://troutmask.apl.washington.edu/~clesceri/kargl.html

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).