Date:      Tue, 09 Jul 2013 06:57:57 -0500
From:      "Mark Felder" <feld@feld.me>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, svn-src-stable-8 <svn-src-stable-8@freebsd.org>, "Chris H" <bsd-lists@1command.com>
Subject:   Re: perl upgrade woes -- how to best reconcile?

On Tue, 09 Jul 2013 04:18:37 -0500, Chris H <bsd-lists@1command.com> wrote:

> How do I best sort this all out. I _really_ miss the perl_after_upgrade
> script, that
> used to accompany this process.

I've had zero problems with upgrades to Perl, etc after I stopped
compiling my packages in the host OS and started building the packages via
poudriere and using pkgng (sysutils/pkg). pkg can detect when a perl
upgrade is happening and is intelligent enough to reinstall all programs
that require perl; poudriere is smart enough to rebuild and repackage them
all. It's a match made in heaven and dead simple to use.