Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2001 22:39:16 -0600
From:      Bob Van Valzah <Bob@Talarian.Com>
To:        FreeBSD-Security@FreeBSD.Org
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   Racoon Problem & Cisco Tunnel

I have several remote FreeBSD users who want to connect their home LANs
to my trusted network over an IPSec tunnel via a DSL connection. I'd
like my end of the tunnel to terminate on a Cisco if possible. (Though I
do have many FreeBSD boxes handy, I just feel better when layer-2
infrastructure doesn't depend on boxes with hard drives.) Any general
advice on how to do this would be appreciated.

As near as I can tell, I have to run racoon and configure it for
pre-shared keys to talk to the cisco. But I don't think the racoon is
even starting right. I get this message: "ERROR:
pfkey.c:207:pfkey_handler(): pfkey X_SPDDUMP failed No such file or
directory." Happens with the config files I've written and the stock
ones. I'm running a freshly sup'd box with racoon-20010222a built from
ports.

All help and advice appreciated.

   Thanks,

   Bob