Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 08:25:08 -0500
From:      mheyes@lincolnfp.com
To:        Gregory Carvalho <GregoryC@stcinc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: can't build Evolution: Solution?

I did not receive a reply from the port maintainer, but I was able to
"solve" the problem of the missing libfreetype.so.6. I deinstalled all the
XFree86-*-4* sub-packages and reinstalled the mega-port in
/usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4. This provided libfreetype.so.6. I copied this
file as libfreetype.so.6.save and then deinstalled the mega-port,
reinstalled the sub-ports, and copied the libfreetype file to its original
location. Then I deinstalled evolution and reinstalled it, and it built and
installed without problem.

If I am doing something brain-dead, I'd appreciate a clue. Please cc: me as
I am not subscribed to this list.

Thanks

mike

                    Gregory Carvalho
                    <GregoryC@stcinc.com>                  To:     mheyes@lincolnfp.com
                    Sent by:                               cc:
                    gregory@internet.simplifiedtech        Subject:     Re: can't build Evolution
                    nology.com

                    01/11/2002 01:02 PM

If you find an answer, will you post it as a response to your original
post on FreeBSD-Questions?

Thanks
Greg