Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 2014 12:20:54 +0300
From:      Jukka Ukkonen <jau789@gmail.com>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>,  Tijl Coosemans <tijl@coosemans.org>
Cc:        x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: After the latest update xorg-server (1.12.4_5,1) fails to start

Right,
Previously I said the new Xorg started working OK after dropping
drm.ko and radeon.ko. It seems this was only partial truth, though.

Later I realized the new Xorg does not exit gracefully when started
using startx. It simply hangs when all of the windows are gone.
The only way to proceed from that is ctrl-alt-del to reboot the whole
system. Supposedly one could try remote login and forcibly killing
Xorg using the remote command line. Anyhow I have not tried that.
Occasionally there seem to occur other hangs as well.
I have not idea of the reasons yet. I just thought that others who have
been testing the new Xorg before might have seen similar symptoms
and might also be able to give me a hint what needs to be changed.

--jau