Date:      Mon, 04 Nov 2002 17:23:37 +0930
From:      Michael Ritchie <michaeljritchie@bigpond.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sendmail local user mail routing restrictions

I am currently supporting a site which has it's own domain name (call
it:  foo.org)  We have a single FreeBSD 4.6.2 server running Sendmail,
Qpopper and OpenLDAP to provide our mail and directory services.  Currently
all users are able to send, receive (and route to the internet) mail
through this server, and the server accepts mail from the internet to
deliver to local users.  I would like to know if it is possible to restrict
certain users on the LAN from routing mail to "external" mail servers
through this server, and from receiving messages from "outside" our site
(but still have the functionality to send and receive messages to/from
other local users)?

Thanks in advance,
Michael