Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 03:51:20 PDT
From:      "P. M." <philmich@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Immediate disconnect when dialing my ISP

Hello all,

I have been pulling my hair out the last couple of days trying to get ISDN
under Freebsd to work with my ISP (in case anyone cares, myOKAY.net, german
ISP). Every time isdnd establishes a connection to my ISP, it switches to
state 4 and immediately disconnects again, giving either "normal call
clearing (local)" or "normal call clearing (remote)" as the reason. This
happens after 0 seconds. I changed all the idle timouts, unitlength and all
that, because I thought maybe they were set wrong and isdnd took 0 secs as
the timeout. But to no avail. I also tried switching from CHAP to PAP and
back, thinking that maybe the error was there. I gave my proper myauthname
and myauthsecret in both cases. Nothing. Immediate disconnect. Strangely
enough I recall my dialup working about 3 times when I initially set it up.
It dialed in ok, and stayed online for idle-timeout seconds. Then, just like
(black) magic, it stopped working and has ever since. I tried to dial in to
another ISP and somehow isdnd switched to state 3 (have no idea what that
is) and stayed online. I went through all the config options for my  real
isp again, but still no dice. I'm really getting frustrated now. I read
somewhere that some isps send a kind of packet that causes isdnd to
disconnect. Also heard that there was a patch available, but couldn't find
it. If anyone could help me out (maybe you've stumbled across this sort of
problem before), it would be greatly appreciated. As long as I cannot get
isdn ppp to work under freebsd, I'm stuck to using windoze to connect to the
net, and you all know what kind of a torture that is :).

Thanks very much in advance!

-Philipp Michel

"Alcohol & Calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive!"